End of the line for Summit Success Training for Hiking?

What's going on with Summit Success: Training for Hiking, Mountaineering, and Peak Bagging?

A few weeks ago I posted a video on Facebook mentioning that I was experimenting with a training protocol for the second volume, tentatively titled "The Kilimanjaro Workout" and was beginning compiling an outline for the book.

Since then I've run a Kindle Countdown Deal, begged for Reviews, and asked for shares, likes, and tweets to give it a boost from my loyal fans on my Seven Summits Quest Facebook Page. I know that several hundred of you have purchased the book, I know that much. I know that one of you has reviewed it on Amazon, and three on Goodreads have "starred" it, but Goodreads doesn't mention if you've actually read or purchased a copy or not, where Amazon does. It's easy to just start adding stars right and left on books on Goodreads without even reading the description.

Putting it all to the test - Everything in my books I have actually done to verify that it works

I learned the hard way with this book that a 16 week training program by a non-celebrity is not going to get reviews, since the majority of people will actually insist on reviewing themselves:

Since you established the criterion that you would only give me a review after you successfully achieved the plan involved, you are part of that review, like it or not. It makes a 1-Star review look like this:
"I loved the engaging and motivational and inspiring writing, but I'm giving it a single star because I like to go out drinking a lot and having to actually train 90 minutes a day with a hangover put a cramp in my style." -- Reviewing the Reviewer on LinkedIn Pulse ARTICLE HERE

Since it's impossible to get an accurate review, Amazon sticks it way in the back of search results, behind those with a hundred mind-bending impossible circus trick exercises, or with a hundred re-purposed blog articles from various buddies to pad the text.

That being said, I have decided to pursue an online Mastermind Training Group on a monthly subscription basis. The survey RESULTS HERE pointed out that $10/mo was the viable price for subscriptions, but alas, almost nothing I asked about in the description can be done at that price so I'm up in the air about it. I'd love to offer something, but I do have rent to pay. What do you think?

Here's the video from Facebook with some information about all of this




Check out this short video about the Summit Success: Training for Hiking... book, now on Amazon, possibly for only a limited time. Talking about training groups and what happened to Book 2 in the series? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NC2WBPK/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00NC2WBPK&linkCode=as2&tag=imbizwebcom&linkId=MQEFRPPD6IKGU235
Posted by Seven Summits Quest on Thursday, April 2, 2015

If you want to subscribe to my fitness newsletter and get first shot at the new group when it does form, fill this out:




Comments