Running Update Summer 2011

On June 11 I did the 35th Anniversary Salomon Run the Rockies from Copper Mountain to Frisco. I managed to do it in 1:04:08, not bad for my first 10k ever.

Frisco 10k Garmin File

On June 25 I did the American Fork Canyon Half Marathon which passes Timpanogos Cave National Monument in American Fork Canyon (internationally famous for rock climbing). I did that in 2:09:36, which is a faster pace than my 10k. In fact, I hit the halfway point at 1:02. Not bad for my first half marathon ever.

AFCanyon Half Garmin File

In a little over a week I'll be running a trail 10k at Breckenridge CO. I pre-ran the course based off the map on the website, which varied from the directions slightly. I spent about 15 minutes being lost, but still did reasonably well.

Pre-Run Independence Day 10k

I'm wanting to do the Aspen Backcountry Marathon in 9 weeks. I've never run that far, and if I plug myself into week 9 (today is week 9 - Half Marathon) of the Hidgen Novice Two Plan it mostly works out to run a marathon at week 18 (the correct week).

I might be doing something similar to that for the next couple of months then. Right now I need to go recover from the half I ran this morning, but I'll totally bring you up to date soon.

Comments

Post a Comment