Blogging and Disclaimer

I'm reading an awesome book right now, and I really am not using that term loosely or inappropriately in the least.

UnMarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging by Scott Stratten. It's a really cool book primarily about Twitter, but as well other social media, for business. I do use Twitter for myself, and have purposely separated myself from my main source of income, for many reasons that I won't go into here.

Be that as it may, there's a really interesting recurring theme regarding FTC guidelines, and I thought I'd go into full disclosure mode, just in case.

At the time of this writing, I'm a Goal0 Elite Team Athlete. This means I get free stuff to haul around the world and test in odd environments. I review it and post pictures. While they do financially compensate some of their athletes, I am not one of them. Everything else I review or show or write about I paid for myself with my own money. If over time this changes, I'll be sure to mention it.

I am also an Amazon Affiliate. I put links to Amazon goods on my site, and if someone buys anything under an extremely complicated set of rules that are totally not in my favor, I get a few cents. AFAIK in the last 8 years or so I've been doing it, I've totaled about $3. For this reason I believe that I've put the link up so you can see more pictures and read more reviews using their bandwidth, and not that I'm going to make anything off it. Sometimes I put up an Amazon link for something I bought somewhere else, so buyer beware, shop around, and make the best choice for you.

That being said, I do really like Amazon and Endless, and love the idea of paying once for essentially free shipping for the rest of the year.

Having had "the discussion" with some business associates, I've had to rearrange my schedule for the next year, but have gone into intense training mode once more, and will share some of that with you over the next few weeks.

Comments