Climbing Misery

What a month I'm having! (think Dr. Kornbluth on "Splash")

When I was climbing two weeks ago, I had gotten to the amazing point of being able to onsite most 5.8 and a handful of 5.9. I was working a few 5.9, and even a couple of 5.10. I managed to finish a couple of 5.10, but had to hang a few times. It was pretty cool, and outside the gym I was working my grip trying to bring it back up to where it should be.

I was also doing "mystery" routes - new routes not yet rated. One was a blobby looking route I'd put around 5.9 if I had to rate it just by sight. I reached up with my left hand and immediately let go. It hurt. No noise or popping, just hurt.

I haven't gotten back into climbing at all (though I have tested a few holds to see what it was like - and it still sucks). I've even had to cancel a few ice climbing dates. That really sucks since there are only a few weeks of ice climbing left.

In addition to that is the stress of starting a new sitter. But Angie will be climbing in Nationals again this year, this weekend (January 24 & 25) so it's been decent for her training for me to just be a belay slave. Though it's very frustrating for me to not be able to climb.

In the meantime, I've been working on logistics for Aconcagua, and getting to think that maybe going back to the Orizaba plan would be better. Especially since I got the annual Mexico flight sale email and it's even better than last year. I might even be able to get in both Orizaba and Ixtaccihuatl since I'll have a few more days this year.

Anyway, haven't posted a climbing report in a while, so thought I'd just quick catch up. Thanks.

Comments

  1. Luv u honey! I'm really sad about your finger. I know climbing is your passion and it sucks not to be able to do it. Go to the UofU! Call them!!! And book your trip to Mexico.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment