5 Things you might not know about me.

I don't think this counts as an "adventure" but DW has one of those "tag" games going on with her BLOG and I thought I'd participate maybe to jumpstart others into playing along.

1) I grew up in a swamp. Felt like it. On the edge of a small town in Wisconsin, it was very wet, despite being at the top of a hill. Our basement and yard flooded every year. Once the basement had 4' of water in it most of the summer. All our stuff floating around. Poor stuff. There was a real live wetland area at the bottom of the hill along an abandoned road (now grown over and almost gone) and I used to go play with crayfish and various nematodes. Far out.

2) I participated in one of those 10-year studies as a child. When I was 18 I got a copy of the results that mentioned one deluded reality-denier that wanted to grow up to be an oceanographer. HEY!

3) I was the 1st chair 1st violin player for nearly 3 years, setting a record at the time for my High School orchestra. I don't think I was all that great technically, but I withstood challenge matches better than the others.

4) I've lived in Montana, Washington, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Missouri and Wisconsin since I turned 18 and "ran away from home". I might retire in the Florida Keys.

5) I've been on TV, Radio, Newspaper, Magazines and in Film Festivals for various things several times each. After all that I don't really care one way or another if I ever do any of those again.

Comments

  1. We might retire in FL? Wow...I didn't know that! ;)

    I wish you'd take violin up again. It would be fun to hear you play. :)

    My back yard would flood all the time too, but luckily our basement never did. I grew up in Spiritbrook neighborhood, and the real spirit brook once flowed right where my house was...so, whenever it got really rainly (usually October and November), we would get it bad. And the park down from my house would always flood...it was fun to play at! :)

    You can add Colorado to your list of places you have lived, since you own a place there, right?

    Love you baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment